Announcements

MY CHILDREN'S BOOKS, "HI, GOD" AND "FOUR LUCKY LEAVES" ARE AVAILABLE NOW! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!

When did childhood become so controversial? Check out my latest post, "Hello, Connectivity; Goodbye, Childhood" on the Tampa Bay Moms Blog!

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy Birthday, Bailey

True, this post is a little late, but I did say and sing "Happy Birthday" to my daughter multiple times on the actual day. That's got to count for something, right?

I remember looking back on Bailey's first year in awe of how much had happened and how much she had grown in 12 short months. Now, I'm stunned at just how much can change from one toddler birthday to the next.


From a tiny little bobble-headed newborn to a beautiful, funny little girl, this kid amazes and impresses me daily. At newly 2, she was just learning to connect her words and expand her vocabulary. As a 3 year old, she can not only string together a sentence like nobody's business, but she also creates stories, makes up songs, and tells jokes. She's even been known to play a trick or two on unsuspecting parents.


She's a great big sister (when she doesn't have her little bro in a chokehold) and she's smart. Her sense of direction is better than mine - I don't mean better than mine was at her age; I mean it's better than mine is now.

This year will be filled with laughter, accomplishments, frustrations, and fun alike. I'm excited to watch my sweet daughter continue to learn and explore her personality. I love you, Bailey. Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment