Announcements

MY CHILDREN'S BOOKS, "HI, GOD" AND "FOUR LUCKY LEAVES" ARE AVAILABLE NOW! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!

When did childhood become so controversial? Check out my latest post, "Hello, Connectivity; Goodbye, Childhood" on the Tampa Bay Moms Blog!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm Back!

Before you judge me for, well, disappearing from the blogging world, you should know I had my second child recently. Hooray for babies! So long sleep! Here I am now trying to catch you up.


Parker Augustine was born a healthy 8 lbs 7 oz and 20" long.

First off, I just want to say how much I love nap time. It's a magical time filled with possibilities, hopes, dreams, and promises. Finally, the little ones are tucked in for an afternoon siesta and the world is suddenly your oyster. You can do anything! Pee alone! Indulge in the snacks you can only eat in secret (unless you want to share half with an adorable tot saying, "Please? A bite?"). Do the laundry! Clean the dishes! Or, in my case, open your laptop for the first time in over a month and catch up on some much needed writing.

It's hard to believe, but my newest addition, Parker, is already 7 weeks old and I'm back at my second full-time job (the first being mommyhood). How did that happen so quickly? And for that matter, how in the world is my oldest about to turn 2?



I thought I had learned a lot about being a parent from my first child, but I'm learning all sorts of new things as a second-time mom. For one thing, your ninja-like reflexes really step it up a notch when you're changing a boy's diaper. The score is still in his favor when it comes to direct hits, but I'm holding my own in the dodging department.

Another thing I'm finding is that I'm much more relaxed this time. With my first, I would leap (literally) over furniture to get to my crying baby when she was hungry. Poor Parker has become known as my "just a second" baby since the patient little guy has to wait at least that long for everything. It's not that I love him any less, but I'm usually tied up pinning his sister to the floor for diaper changes or chasing after her when she sprints off down the sidewalk. I'll get into all of that another day, though.



Today is about jumping back in and doing the only thing you really want me to do - posting pictures of adorable babies. So stay tuned for more posts in the coming weeks!

Don't forget to come out to Barnes & Noble Booksellers at the Brandon mall this Saturday, May 17th from noon to 2:00 p.m. for an author book signing event. I'll be there along with several other local authors so come in and say hi (and maybe buy a book or two!).

No comments:

Post a Comment