Announcements

MY CHILDREN'S BOOKS, "HI, GOD" AND "FOUR LUCKY LEAVES" ARE AVAILABLE NOW! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!

When did childhood become so controversial? Check out my latest post, "Hello, Connectivity; Goodbye, Childhood" on the Tampa Bay Moms Blog!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow Review

There comes a time in every pregnancy when a woman realizes she just can't get comfortable in bed. That ever-growing belly makes it difficult to find a position where falling asleep is possible. Back? Doctor says that's a no-go. Side? Not with the new pressure from a tiny stowaway. Stomach? Not unless you want to squish your hitchhiker. What's an exhausted girl to do? Get used to it! Just kidding.
Copyright Leachco

For me, my answer came in the form of a large 'C' shaped body pillow called the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow. After trying regular pillows and makeshift sleep wedges formed from cut up Tempur-Pedic material, I finally gave in and decided to spend a little cash. My sister had recommended this noodle-like cushion and I figured she, as an experienced mom, would know best.
Copyright Leachco

Oh, Snoogle; I applaud you. This versatile cloud worked wonders for my sheep counting. Total Body Pillow, indeed - stretched out, it's longer than I am. Used against my back, it usually did a good job of preventing me from rolling over. Likewise, it comfortably alleviated the pressure on my belly when I snuggled up from behind. The 'C' shaped top is meant to be used as a head cushion, but I'm fond of my regular, fluffy pillows from the neck up. 

Personally, I found it a bit uncomfortable used that way, but discovered if I turned the top portion away from me while I slept, it was perfect. Whether my husband appreciated a worm-like poke in the face while he slept is up for debate (he says not so much, but I say I grew a person inside me... rock beats scissors).

Copyright Leachco
Another fun thing about the Snoogle is that it can be used for more than just sleeping. Easily twisted, it also makes for a comfortable back support when wrapped around you during the latest episode of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" (and it doesn't hinder you from throwing french fries at the TV when a 115 lb woman has a nearly painless delivery on the bathroom floor of a convenience store).
Copyright Leachco

The Snoogle can also be used as a nursing pillow once the baby arrives, although I never tried that function. I had a Boppy Nursing Pillow and my Snoogle was immediately retired to the garage to make room for my husband in bed. He was glad to be back after nine months of wondering whether I was actually on the other side.

All in all, I was impressed and satisfied with this pillow. It was a bit pricey when I bought it (around $70 if I'm not mistaken), but I'd say it was well worth it. My latest Google search showed it on sale from Amazon for just under $50. I would recommend this pillow to any expectant mom in need of a good night's sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment